ILOILO -- The Iloilo Provincial Development Council (PDC) has approved the Annual Investment Program (AIP) for calendar year 2012 during a meeting at the Sarabia Manor Hotel and Convention Center yesterday.
Vice Gov. Richard Garin presided the meeting on behalf of Gov. Arthur Defensor Sr. who is in Metro Manila on official business.
The AIP amounting P3,664,000,855.16 is divided into three sectors -- General Public Services, Social Services and Economic Services.
General Public Services sector amounted to P489,084,881.51; Social Services sector, P1,943,063,150.74; and Economic Services sector, P3,628,779,855.16.
The AIP is based on the Defensor administration’s strategic themes:
1) improved health and nutrition through accessible and better health facilities and services
2) healthy living environment through environmental protection and rehabilitation
3) improved farm household through improved agriculture productivity
4) enhanced quality of life through quality and accessible education, social welfare and related services
5) improved household income through entrepreneurship and employment opportunities
6) enhanced accessibility through better infrastructure and other support services
7) good governance through transparency, service competencies and good fiscal position, and
8) efficient government service through better government facilities.
The AIP is considered as the governor’s “shopping list” for next year’s executive budget which will be deliberated starting October this year.
Garin said the Local Finance Committee will determine the availability of funds for the project proposals while the Governor will have the final say on what projects will be given priority in the executive budget. (ECGarcia, Capitol News/PN)